Thursday 12 February 2015

Wonder Balsam is WONDERFUL!

Hello  Splodgies! 

...so remember those shoes that I posted about on this blog maybe 7 or 8 times? Well recently some cracks were beginning to form in them where the shoes would flex. This wasn't unexpected, but it was disappointing. I found that Dr Martens did some shoe care stuff and I thought I might as well give it a go if there was a chance of preventing the slow demise of my beautiful, beautiful shoes.

For two days I wore my slippers to work. Nobody noticed. 

During these two days, I removed the laces from my shoes and carefully applied the stuff to my shoes, two coats, over two days. Apparently it's supposed to condition the leather and keep them flexible and so on and so forth.

And I was not expecting what came when I put the shoes on again two days later- they felt like a completely different pair of shoes! Much more flexible and definitely the cracks had not gotten worse, and I've not seen any worsening since.

I think I might make shoe care a fortnightly thing! And the best thing is that the tins says as long as I don't use it on suede, I can use it on almost any leather things, so I shall give it a go on my leather bag and see how that works out... I'll keep you posted ;) 

Today, this is me enjoying an appley snack on the bus: 


See you tomorrow! 
-Rosa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment