Sunday 9 November 2014

Taking A Punt on Curry

Hello Splodgekins!

This evening, I was feeling hungry and it was around about dinner time. I didn't have much in, and I didn't fancy a pizza from the freezer- so I decided I'd order a curry. 

To cut a long story short (what?! It's late and I'm tired!) the curry I ordered was a bit shit really. A saag paneer with no paneer in it...?? I mean wtf?! Do they think they can just pass off cheap cheddar cheese as paneer?! One of the defining features of paneer is that it doesn't melt and go stringy like this one did. Bland. Flavourless. This was no good. It left me questioning if the person who made it (I refuse to use the term "chef" in this case) had ever actually seen or tasted a legit saag paneer. Because I've had a few supafly saag paneers in my time. Saag paneer is perhaps my favourite indian dish. Saag paneer should resemble something like this: 



So obviously, I was uber disappointed. Agra Spice, I am NEVER ordering from you again. I had asked for the order to be delivered at 8pm, so I'd have time to do my washing up and have a shower. I was told 8.15pm was the estimated delivery time. What time did they show up? 7.35pm. I mean what the heck?! 

The only things that have cheered me up this evening are chatting to some friends, watching some episodes of Torchwood and Orphan Black, and looking on Google for "Smash The Patriarchy" t-shirts....

thank you everyone, and goodnight :)


Today, this is me- many hours before the abysmal saag paneer incident: 


See you tomorrow!
-Rosa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment