Thursday 4 December 2014

Endings

Ahoy there splodgearoos! 

Today has felt like quite an emotional day for me- because of something ending. I think I have probably mentioned on this blog before that on Thursdays me and my colleagues work with a group of people living with dementia and their carers and generally have a good old time together. But as this project was a pilot project... well the pilot has come to an end. I'm really hoping that the project goes ahead in the future again because I really feel like it made all the difference. 

So today, I'm choosing to try to embody the phrase "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - which I read has disputed claim as to who said it first, but many attribute it to Dr. Suess. But basically, I had a good time, the folks there got lots out of it, and its not impossible that we might continue. I'm just really glad to have had this opportunity and experience. As for the folks I met, I'll miss them, because I won't be seeing them every Thursday, but hopefully I won't be missing them for too long! 

I'm very tired as I've been facetiming for a long time this evening. But perhaps I will cover more of this sort of thing in another post in the future.

For now, let me know in the comments if you've ever had one of these "smile because it happened" type situations! 


Today, this is me and Becca having both missed our respective buses. 


See you tomorrow!
-Rosa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment