Thursday 21 August 2014

House.

Good Evening Splodgies!

I did have something else planned for today's post, but today (And indeed the past couple of days) has  been extremely stressful because I am trying to find a place to live 


If only it were as simple as this picture implies!! It's not even as if I'm looking for a whole house! Just a room that I can put my stuff in and I can sleep in. And in a location if not in the same town as my work, then at least in close-ish proximity to a bus stop. 

I'd heard of a scheme with AgeUK (formerly called Help The Aged) that places people with elderly folk in exchange for companionship and very cheap rent. And this sounded great and there was a placement near where I wanted to live and everything was going fine with my application until the co-ordinator of the scheme told me that application procedure can take months! And whilst I understand why this takes so long (after it was explained to me) Even if I had applied for the scheme in time for my new job to start in September, I would've had to apply for it before I even knew the job existed... So if I could contact myself in the past, that'd be great. But- oh wait! I can't IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. 

So if anybody knows anybody in the Cumbria area, who might have a spare room, please get in touch and let me know and perhaps you will be my saviour! 

Also if anyone has any tips for keeping themselves calm and not stressed during home hunting activities, please give me some tips!! I am feeling very stressed about it! 

Today, this is me, trying to convince myself that everything is fine:


Also, shout out to my twinnyo! Amber came home today so we can celebrate our birthday together at the weekend :) 

See you tomorrow!
-Rosa
x


No comments:

Post a Comment