Saturday 3 January 2015

Last Minute Friending

Hello splodgie lovelies! 

Sorry this posting is so late. I've been a wee bit busy skyping my fine chum Bailey. She's doing super great :) 

Today I have been up to many last-minute friend seeing. For tomorrow I return to the Lake District! 

This afternoon, Sarah and I went to the music shop and looked at some ukuleles. I was very tempted by two particular ukes. This one: 



Which is a piccolo ukulele and even smaller than an ordinary ukulele. Even with my extremely small fingers, I struggled to play it a little. The other ukulele I saw was one I can't seem to find a picture of the exact model in the colour I liked and by itself.. But it was a beautiful dark red concert ukulele. I would've been more tempted by it had it been an electroacoustic. But it was very tempting nonetheless. This is the best image I can find-


....so obviously, the red one :) 

Then after we had looked at lots and lots of ukuleles, I bought some guitar strings and we left whilst mulling about ukuleles. We went for some lunch at Frankie and Benny's which was really random and fun



Later this evening I went to the pub to see some friends and after a great deal of confusion it turned out that there was only going to be the two of us. We had some great chats about music (because I wanted her to recommend me some new music to listen to. Lauren is the person to ask about that sort of thing) And we had some pretty delish mulled cider too! 


Got any suggestions for new music I can listen to? Let me know! I'm not really into anything metal, or heavily synth based... but otherwise I'm fairly open! 

Today, this is me having found my sunglasses whilst packing to go back to the Lake District. 


I thought I had been foolish to pack them when we went away for new year, but it turned out that some of the walks we went on were very bright and clear, so it was rather a sensible thing to do, it seems! ...Or at least it would've been if they were prescription sunglasses. 

And yes, that is a heron in Hawaiian garlands on my windowsill. No biggie.

See you tomorrow!
-Rosa
x


No comments:

Post a Comment