Thursday 29 January 2015

Stolen Cake (recipe)

Hello Splodgies! 

A number of odd things happened to me today.

Firstly, I was stood in the bus station minding my own business when a police car pulls up and the policewoman inside asks me if my name is Beverly. It's not, and I tell them this. They drive off without explanation.  


Secondly, when I was getting my bus back from Keswick I bought a discount muffin and a hot chocolate from the cafe in Booths whilst waiting for my bus. I got on the bus, not having started my muffin yet. But as I was sat on the bus eating it, something floated back into my memory. I knew this taste. I had had it before. Even though I have never bought any kind of muffin at booths. It was the same as a muffin recipe I had invented several years ago during the summer I had in the middle of 6th form. There was only one difference, flavour-wise. The muffin I bought at Booths was a raspberry, almond and white chocolate chip muffin. My muffin recipe was for raspberry, almond and lemon.  And at the time of creating this recipe, I had considered using white chocolate chips, but had experimented and decided that the white chocolate chips didn't make it into the final cut of the recipe. Why? Because lemon is better. White chocolate chips made it a bit too sweet. And having flavours happening in one muffin seemed a little excessive. Better to emphasise the lemon, with the subtlety of the almond and the zing of the raspberry then to clumsily add white chocolate chips willy-nilly! 

To paraphrase the recent words of Troy "there is yet to be a dish discovered that is not improved by lemon" And I'm certain he's right. 

It might have been the windy roads and the treacherous driving conditions, but I'm willing to blame my nausea on the way home on the muffin in question. Here's a picture of the muffin made with a stolen, early version of my recipe: 


Though it wasn't a bad muffin, I just begrudge whoever stole my recipe. And in all honesty, it's not absolutely inconceivable and out of the question that the recipe for the muffin I bought today had it's origins with me, for when I had perfected my own recipe, I did donate it to an independent cupcake company in Lancaster. And also my Grandmother on my father's side. But who's more likely to sell me out? ...I'll leave that for you to decide. 


Today, this is me enjoying my coffee before facing a blizzard on the way to work:


See you tomorrow!
-Rosa
x

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was going to be a recipe for stollen!
    Never had success with stollen :-( x

    ReplyDelete